Rumbling to the end zone
Caleb Jennings has already been a D3football.com All-American. But this week the Emory and Henry running back joins a more exclusive club, at least for the moment -- subjects of the Play of the Week. His 45-yard touchdown run took him about 135 yards in a win against Methodist.
We solicit video of top plays from every Division III football programs and this was our top clip. Here's a few of the runners-up:
- Gallaudet runs the tip drill to perfection, as a Castleton State pass is tipped by Tom Pangia. As the ball is going out of bounds Tony Tatum leaps into the air (while also falling out of bounds) and deflects the ball back to Shelby Bean who hauls in the interception and returns it 6 yards for the Bison. Watch
- North Central linebacker Matt Wenger laid down the hammer on UW-Eau Claire freshman running back Joel Sweeney, helping hold him to 28 runs on 16 carries. Watch
- Alma receiver Andrew Schaar makes a one-handed catch in traffic and takes it to the end zone against Kentucky Wesleyan. Watch
- It only involved one lateral and didn't end the game but the Millsaps-Trinity game featured a long touchdown catch to take the lead. Watch
- Hobart's Steven Webb takes a screen pass through traffic and gets two nice blocks from his line to get to the end zone. Watch