Pa: Connor Cox - 133
Ru: Aizsha Horne - 97
Rec: Malik Morris - 66
Pa: Tracy Fudge - 31
Ru: Kobe Roberts - 68
Rec: Kobe Roberts - 17
Time of Poss.
More news about: William Paterson
FROSTBURG, MD. – The William Paterson football team (0-6, 0-5 NJAC) suffered a 56-0 loss at No. 5/6 Frostburg State (5-0, 4-0 NJAC) Oct. 13.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Bobcats got on the scoreboard with less than a minute remaining in the first quarter thanks to a Jamaal Morant nine-yard run.
- Frostburg State surged ahead during the second quarter, using a 36-yard Lincoln Ikwubuo punt return (14-0, 14:08), a nine-yard pass by senior quarterback Connor Cox to senior running back Grayson Boyce (21-0, 11:19), a 26-yard blocked punt return by sophomore Christian Thornton (28-0, 8:58), a seven-yard Ikwubuo reception (35-0, 5:22), a Boyce one-yard carry (42-0, 1:31) and a 13-yard catch by freshman Sam Botchway (49-0, 0:52).
- Sophomore running back Aizsha Horne finished the scoring with a 54-yard run with 4:21 remaining in the third quarter.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Junior quarterback Tracy Fudge, Jr. was 6-for-12 for 31 yards and three interceptions.
- Freshman running back Kobe Roberts rushed 17 times for 68 yards.
- Junior linebacker Corey Anthony collected a season-high 16 tackles, while senior linebacker Charles Faulkner added 12 stops.
- Cox finished 9-for-16 for 133 yards and three touchdowns for Frostburg State. Horne carried 10 times for 97 yards and a score, and junior Malik Morris caught three passes for 66 yards.
- Senior defensive back Anthony Taylor led the Bobcats with seven tackles and an interception.
- William Paterson welcomes Christopher Newport to Wightman Stadium Saturday, Oct. 20, at 1:00 p.m.
FOLLOW THE PIONEERS: