|Photo by Larry Radloff, d3photography.com|
The 2014 Division III football season ended much like the 2013 season did, or the 2011 season, or any of five of the previous eight did, with UW-Whitewater defeating Mount Union for the national championship.
The Warhawks finished 15-0, defeating the Purple Raiders 43-34, thanks in large part to an interception return for a touchdown by Brady Grayvold, a strip by Marcus McLin that turned into a touchdown and a screen pass that Dennis Moore turned into a 75-yard touchdown catch.
Check out the full coverage of Stagg Bowl XLII, postseason coverage and much more with the links below, then follow further down for headlines from even more playoff coverage.
- Game story: Whitewater defense takes away the title
- Ryan Tipps: Leipold leaves a legacy
- Keith McMillan: D-III gives and it takes away
- ATN Podcast: Postseason awards, wrapping up 2014
- Final 2014 Division III football bracket
- Archived Stagg Bowl broadcast, pregame, postgame
- Stagg Bowl XLII photo gallery
- All-time Division III football champions