Just two minutes after Muhlenberg had cut Johns Hopkins' lead to one late in the second quarter, the Blue Jays were in a position to put some points on the board before halftime. Robbie Matey saw receiver Bob D'Orazio streaking down the left sideline and put the ball where only he could get it. It's the D3football.com Play of the Week.
We solicit video of top plays from every Division III football program and this was our top clip.
Week 4 Play of the Week finalists
- Berry's Anthony Batey picks up a fumble 6 yards deep in the end zone and returns it 100 yards (officially) for a touchdown against Rhodes. Watch
- Ohio Northern freshman Matt Deter's first collegiate attempt is a good one, as he connects from 52 yards out against Capital. Watch
- St. Vincent's Renny LaRue-Holloman strips the ball from the Westminster (Pa.) running back and laterals it to Dan Wirkowski, who runs 95 yards with it for the touchdown. The play brought the Bearcats within a touchdown in the final minute. Watch
- King's defensive back Anthony Martuccio blocks an Albright field goal attempt at the end of the first half. Martuccio laterals to defensive end Ron Garrett who takes it 55 yards for the touchdown. Watch
- Soundtrack notwithstanding, this is a nice catch by Thomas More's Ryan Winkler. Watch
You can see all of the nominated plays on our Week 4 highlights playlist below, and even more top plays on the D3sports.com YouTube channel.
Week 4 Play of the Week nominees
Use the forward and back buttons to scroll through the full list below.