Miracle in Collegeville
In front of a reported crowd of more than 12,000 at St. John's on the Johnnies' homecoming, Augsburg started from its own 20 with 18 seconds left, down by five after an SJU touchdown. Then quarterback Marcus Brumm went to work, first to Wesley Waytashek, then to Tyler Swanson. That second play is our Play of the Week:
We solicit video of top plays from every Division III football program and this was our top clip.
Week 4 Play of the Week finalists
- Watch how many players this ball tips off of before Adam Hoste holds onto it. He takes it 100 yards to the other end for a touchdown as Monmouth defeats Illinois College. Watch
- Ryan Montague goes 69 yards for a TD for Louisiana College as the Wildcats defeated Mississippi College 52-17. Watch
- Case Western Reserve's punter runs 62 yards for a touchdown against Denison. He's also the quarterback? That's alright, too. Watch
- Wabash's Wes Chamblee returns a punt 94 yards for a touchdown at the University of Chicago. Watch
- And then a trio of nice catches: Linfield's Lucas Jepson, Castleton State's Adam Farmer and Dubuque defensive lineman Marice Hill.
You can see all of the nominated plays on our Week 4 highlights playlist below, and even more top plays on the D3sports.com YouTube channel.